|Requirements for Submitting an Application
to the Georgia Rotary Student Program
We are not accepting applications at this time.
Information about each qualified applicant is made available to every Rotary Club in the state of Georgia. The various Rotary Clubs throughout the state choose the student they wish to sponsor as well as the school the student will attend. Criteria for selection is based on outstanding leadership qualities, excellent academic ability, and high moral standards, but each individual club has the final choice and the local club may include any other information they may want to consider including but not limited to hobbies, sex, cultural background, or career plans.
Students are not selected merely on academic achievement, but must meet the eligibility requirements of the school they will be attending. Students submitting applications should be truthful and forthcoming. Misrepresentation on an application may exclude a student from participating in the Georgia Rotary Student Program. We are no longer accepting applications from graduate students.
1. Please complete the application online in English, print out a copy for yourself, then click SUBMIT.
2. You must submit a recent headshot photo in .jpg format of yourself when you submit the online application, so please have it ready before you access the application. It may be color or black & white. It should be no larger than 1 MB and should be labeled with your last name, then first name, such as ComerJanis.jpg.
3. After submitting the online application, mail the following documents to: GRSP, P.O. Box 61327, Savannah, GA 31420 USA
(a) Final high school (gymnasium) transcript.
(b) If presently in college or in graduate work, send a transcript of each year attended (including courses currently under study).
(c) All applicants applying for a scholarship to begin or continue graduate work must submit an original set of transcripts covering all completed college courses and an official statement from the school explaining the degree earned.
4. Test Requirements: Tests are required for all students entering schools in Georgia.Tests must be taken no later than October 31 of the year you apply.It is the student’s responsibility to register and take tests immediately upon deciding to submit the application. Indicate on the application form when you will be taking the tests.Failure to take tests will result in your not being eligible to receive a scholarship.The test score original as furnished by the testing service must be submitted to the Georgia Rotary Student Program before a scholarship can be awarded.Schools do not accept copies. Notify us immediately if you must change test dates.
5. Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from different teachers.Letters should include academic ability, character, leadership ability, extracurricular activities and ability to get along with fellow students and teachers.
6. Every applicant must submit a recommendation by a Rotary Club or District Governor for a scholarship.This recommendation must be written on original Rotary stationery.
7. Please be aware that scholarship recipients may be required to pay taxes on their scholarships to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. For details, please visit the IRS website.
Every applicant must sign the applicant’s certification.
Applications must be received by October 1 of the year preceding the academic year for which you apply. Failure to complete your application will deny consideration for a scholarship.
|Express Mail Address
15 E. Montgomery Crossroad
Savannah, GA 31406 USA