Students around the world are welcome to submit an application to study in Georgia, USA, for one year on a scholarship from the Georgia Rotary Student Program.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
IMPORTANT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
This is the essay portion of the application. Your responses will help the Rotarians learn about your life as an individual. The space is limited, so take some time preparing your answer. It is important to write in complete sentences using proper upper and lower case.
SECTION II - EDUCATION / WORK / STUDY PLANS
List secondary (High School, Gymnasium) and post-secondary (College, University) institutions in the order attended:
LIST WORK HISTORY:
hereby guarantee to the Georgia Rotary Student Program that
has adequate financial resources to provide transportation both to and from his or her home country to the State of Georgia, USA, should a scholarship be awarded. I further guarantee that this applicant will have adequate additional funds (approximately $3,000) to cover all costs not provided by the scholarship.
3. GUARANTEE OF MEDICAL INSURANCE
(a) In submitting this application, I certify that I am in good health, with no physical deformities which might interfere with a year's study and travel, and
(b) Further, I relieve the Georgia Rotary Student Program, Inc., of an financial responsibility for any accident, injury, illness or death. I also agree to obtain an insurance policy, at my own expense, for hospitalization and medical expenses resulting from any accident, illness or from accidental death and dismemberment. I agree that the insurance policy shall be in force from the date of departure through the date upon return to my home.
SECTION IV - APPLICANT'S CERTIFICATION
I hereby agree:
1. That my inability to secure admission into an institution approved by The Georgia Rotary Student Program as selected by my sponsoring Rotary Club(s) will result in revocation of the scholarship.
2. To inform myself about Rotary International in cooperation with my home sponsoring Rotary Club or Rotary District Governor prior to departing my home community.
3. To reply to correspondence from my host Rotary Clubs as soon as possible and notify both the GRSP home office in Savannah, Ga. USA and my host Rotary Clubs of my travel itinerary to Georgia, USA.
4. To maintain a high level of achievement in my program of study and to make no changes in my field of study without notifying the GRSP home office and my host Rotary Club.
5. To accept appearance and speaking engagement invitations that would be beneficial in advancing and promoting the GRSP program both while in Georgia and after I return home.
6. To obtain and maintain health insurance as per the Student Application Guidelines paragraph 8.
7. That upon my return home, at the conclusion of my year of study, to visit and speak to Rotary Clubs and other groups in my area to share my experiences as a GRSP Scholar and create a better understanding of the USA.
8. That my scholarship may be revoked for any of the following reasons: Evidence of low educational achievement, misconduct, change in course of study without consent of the Georgia Rotary Student Program, withdrawal from institution and course of study prior to expiration of the term of the scholarship, deficient knowledge of the English language, failure to adequately discharge ambassadorial duties, possession, distribution or use of any illegal controlled substance, any contingency which prevents me from fulfilling all the obligations of the scholarship, any social media postings deemed offensive, inflammatory, or obscene. All of the above infractions are reviewed by the GRSP staff and Trustees for final decision by the GRSP Chairman.
9. That for any reason I find it necessary to return home before the end of my year or otherwise withdraw from the institution, I shall immediately notify The GRSP home office, my Trustee, and sponsoring Rotary Club(s).
10. I understand that the GRSP Scholarship is primarily an ambassadorial scholarship with an emphasis on education and I will do my best to utilize the opportunities presented by the scholarship to further the GRSP goal of promoting world peace through understanding both at home and abroad.
11. By signing below, I authorize the Georgia Rotary Student Program to obtain such information about me and authorize the release of such information to GRSP as part of this application process and I do hereby waive any claim of breach of privacy or any other claim that I may have regarding the release of such information to GRSP, its employees, agents, officers, and trustees, and all Georgia Rotarians involved in the student selection process. I am also aware that GRSP, its employees, agents, officers, and trustees may have to disclose my personal information to third parties as required by law. If selected, while I am in Georgia I will provide a copy of my grades and class schedule to GRSP which may be released to determine my eligibility to remain a participant in the Program. I also understand that it may be necessary for me to sign additional specific releases as part of the application process, or if selected while I am a student in the program, and I agree to sign such releases as requested by GRSP.
SECTION V - APPLICANT'S PHOTO
The last item we need from you is a photo in a jpg format. Please keep it under 1 MB of memory. Make sure that the photo is loaded onto the application in the proper layout configuration - (not sideways or upside down).
The photo must be in .jpg or .jpeg file format.
Application Printing Instructions: Once the Submit button is selected, you should receive a confirmation page. The Confirmation Page will redirect your browser to the Print Page where the application should be printed for your records as well as a copy to mail to the GRSP Office.